We may collect personal identification information from Users in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to, when Users visit or interact with our Site.
Information You Give Us – We will collect the personal information that you provide us. For example, we may ask you to provide personal information such as your name, address, email address, and telephone number as part of normal business operations.
Information we get from your use of our website or services – When you browse or use our Site, we collect information about the services you use, other websites you’ve visited and personal preferences. Our Site may use “cookies” or similar technologies to enhance User experience. A cookie is a small file placed on your device or computer. It may be possible to refuse to accept cookies by activating the appropriate setting on your browser or mobile device. However, if you select this setting, you may be unable to access certain parts of our Site. We use these technologies to collect and store information about you when you interact with services or products that we offer. Some browsers may offer a “Do Not Track” feature. This Site does not currently respond to “Do Not Track” signals.
How we use Personal Information
Torreya collects and uses Users’ personal information for the following purposes:
- To improve service – Your information helps us to more effectively respond to your requests.
- To improve our Site – We continually strive to improve our Site offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you.
- To communicate with you – Your contact information may be used to send you information and updates. It also may be used to respond to your inquiries. If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email or you may contact us via our Site.
- Protect our rights or comply with legal process – We may disclose your personal information to investigate or enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and Torreya; to comply with any court order, legal process, or respond to any governmental or regulatory request; or to protect Torreya’s rights or property or the safety of Torreya, our customers, employees, or others.
- Sale or merger – We also may disclose your personal information to a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, acquisition, divestiture, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of Torreya’s assets.
Torreya will use, disclose and otherwise process personal information for its business, administrative, and marketing purposes and for the purposes of compliance with applicable laws and to assert and protect their legal interests. Torreya restricts access to such personal information to their personnel, their affiliates and affiliates’ personnel, their service providers, their outside counsel, auditors, and other independent professionals who need to know that information for the purposes described above.
Personal information is not shared with any unaffiliated third-parties for their marketing purposes.
California Privacy Rights
California law permits Users who are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an e-mail to the contact information below with “California Shine the Light Privacy Request” in the subject line and your full name, email address, postal address and specific services you have used in the body of your email.
How we protect your information
We adopt data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information. While we use security measures to protect sensitive and personal information transmitted online, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable.
Our Site is not directed to children under the age of 13, and we do not knowingly collect any information from children under 13.
Torreya operates in the United States of America, under U.S. law. Any information you choose to send to this Site or Torreya will be subject to the laws of the United States. Some jurisdictions, such as the European Union, do not consider the U.S. legal system to offer protections that are “adequate” in their judgment. If you do not wish your information to subject to U.S. law, please do not send it to Torreya.
Torreya does not intend to offer its services in any jurisdiction where the offering of such services would be contrary to applicable local law, and any such offer of services is void if illegal under applicable law.
Local Data Protection Rights
Torreya respects the legal rights of persons under applicable law to access personal information held by it, including to rectify or delete such personal information which is factually incorrect, incomplete or irrelevant for the purpose for which it is processed and to raise any queries or concerns as to the use of their personal information, including making a request not to receive marketing or to assert a dispute regarding the use of personal information. If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please contact us using the information at the end of this policy.
555 Madison Avenue
New York, NY 10022
Effective Date: 12/08/17